Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Hugs and Kisses

This is a pretty pessimistic post... So, if you're in a great mood... don't read it if you don't want your mood to drop... and if you're already in a crap-mood... well, I don't think you're going to be happier... Here goes...

Love is an over used word.

You can love a person, true enough, you can love a pet also... you can also love Stacy's new bag, or Jack's new ride. Also, the weather, that cake you had at the restaurant your family loves, and what your hair is currently deciding it wants to do.

Do you really love these things? Probably not, you just really like them... though, for lack of a better word, you love them. It used to be that you would only say that you loved a person.... and even then, you said it and you meant it.

As I think about the people in my house, there are four who live there currently, I say 'i love you' to two of them. And it's true, I love my parents. It doesn't, mean, however, that I don't love my sister. I just don't say the words. I don't know why, I think I used to, but I don't anymore... And my friend, Sir, who lives at my house says he loves me - I think it's the love best friends have, that he reminds me he has for me, if it's not, I'm oblivious... but my response to him nine out of ten times is 'I know', the other percentage is online, where I just respond with a smiley face. I friend-love him, too, but I don't say it....

Why? Because I think the word has been cheapened over the years...

And as the months get colder, and I hear the word love thrown around, all I can think about is how I am alone. How I have all kinds of family-love and friend-love to go around, but when I wake up at four:fifty-seven, that sentiment from home won't wrap it's arms around me and ask me if I'm okay and continue to keep me warm at night.

I just want to be held, I think, and to have my own guy to say 'i love you' to... that's it...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chris said...

Hi, I just wanted to let you know how much I'm enjoying listening to your podcast. I hope you continue it.

Jereality said...

What podcast...?

BritXD said...

I completly agree with you. The word love is losing it's value. You'll find your someone it just sucks till you get there. Because all the good guys are either gay, taken, or both. If it helps at all you sound awesome!

Charle Gordon said...

It is better to be single and wish you wern't then in a relationship and wish you were single...

nba jerseys said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
cindy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MS outlook 2010 said...

Wonderful and transferring visual operation involving Office 2010 considerably Office 2010 Key increased picture picture touch-ups attributes, the photo to go back, Marseille off lots of lovely graphic side effects, now you can quickly accomplished.Office 2010 permits you to conveniently while in the "backstage view" (interface) conserves this document press the upper still left place from the Document tab to Microsoft Office 2010 see your SharePoint record archives, making sure that people straight while in the web browser wide open, look at,edit the report. Office 2010

ruzzel01 said...

I love hearing her voice. Thanks for the podcast.

osteoarthritis treatment

Explained Horoscope said...

Your Presentation is really worth full. I agree with you.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.