Friday, April 04, 2008

One Degree

You may think that's an odd title for a post, but in fact, those are how many degrees I am from Kevin Bacon. Yep, no lie. I saw him and his brother and his band perform tonight, and to tell you the truth, I love him even more now. Well, it started with me, Father, Sibling and Dayton [my boyfriend;; ^_6] in the top balcony level and we were all seperated because of our tickets. Regardless, we all grouped together on the edge of the balcony where my seat was and waited until the Bacon Brothers and their band came to the stage. When Kevin started to talk he said "and if any of the people in the balcony levels want to move down, make the place seem more filled - you're more than welcome." And as if he had given us $100 dollars cash each, the people in the balcony flooded to the doors.

We, however, were first and got the most primo - free - seats. They weren't free for the people who had to pay $150 for them, but for us - since we were supposed to be in the balcony, we paid nothing. We were invited by Kevin Bacon himself to sit closer. Amazing? I know, and that's just the start. Well, after we got primo seating - we were like...a max of 15 feet away from him - I was told by dear Father to move up to the second row, as a couple of those seats were empty, to get better pictures. So, I took off to the second row[ five feet away from Kevin Bacon!] and got amazing pictures of Kevin Bacon, his brother and his band singing and playing along to amazing songs. AMAZING! So, after I got awesome pictures I moved back to the primo seats with my family and Dayton.

So, all the while Kevin Bacon and his band can see everyone in the crowd, that's just how the lighting and all is set up and the stage and such. So he could see me take pictures in the second row and move back with my posse. Eventually, a song about the woman begins and it's all boppy and I'm dancing in my seat and he's there singing "that girl's an eleven, what's in her iPod to make her hips have that sway" and he's pointing right at me! Eye contact and everything. Mind you, I've already looked around me...the seats were empty. The only girl in his direction was me. It was fantastic! Agh! I'm so excited right now! AH, good times. Good times.

QUote of the Day
Kevin Bacon: I learned that from Bill Nye the Science Guy
Michael Bacon: Now you're just dropping names...
Kevin Bacon: You know, James taylor told me it was wrong to drop names.
-crowd laughter-
Kevin Bacon: No he didn't...It was Marlon Brando.
-harder crowd laughter-
Kevin Bacon: - guilty look - No he didn't...


At that point, I was in the second wrong...can I tell you he had the cutest face when he was like "no he didn't" both times. It was awesome...So awesome.

And now I have a headache..I dunno why, i just do....Great evening for the Jereality...Great!

Have A good One,
-Jereality;;^_6

No comments: