Sunday, August 26, 2007

The VCR Chronicles:The Beginning

Alright, so now it's more of a Saga, as we still do not have a VCR/DVD player for me.

Once upon a time, in a room not so far away from this one, I lived happily. Of course, the lack of space was beginning to get to me, and I was becomming almost claustrophobic with the amount of crap I keep stored and saved. Call me a magpie - it's cool, I hear it more than you'd know. So, I traded rooms with my Sibling. The transfer went well, moving both of our rooms into the other room only took one day, and situating everything else, only a few hours. It wasn't until I lay down on my bed to relax did I become aware of the double-remote-situation.

Well, I went to my Supervising Officer, and kindly requested a change of televisions, as the one I had was a one-remote kind of guy. Well, my proposal of television switching was dashed away, so I was forced to be content with my two-timing television. Of course, it wasn't long after the switch did I realize that the DVD/VCR player was peculiar. It could not time-tape anything, for it lacked the general knowledge. No problems, we can just time tape from a different television - problem solved, yes?

Sort of...A few months after that, while rewinding, a strange whining clicking noise reached my ears. So, naturally I suspect the VCR. I stop the box, and hit eject, only to have the tape stop just out of my reach. With my nasty habit of trying to get what I want, I took the nearest pair of scissors and a needle, and pried the tape out, only to realize that the actual tape - the film was pulled out of its plastic shell. Not good, I remember thinking. So, I left if be for a while after I removed the tape.

Weeks passed, and I forgot about it, remembering only when I tried to rewind another tape and the VCR shut off completely, and began blinking a little red light. I put in the complaint to my Superiors and they took a gander at it for a breif moment, insisting I'd get a new one eventually....

Eventually will come, I tell you....The VCR Chronicles:Red, White and Yellow....S-Cord?...coming soon....

May Your VCR's Do What They're Told,
-Jereality
^_6

No comments: