Saturday, October 06, 2007

...May Be Crazy...

I just finished a book called Back Roads, by Tawni O'Dell. My silly brain made me connect with the characters sometimes. Certain times when the protagonist visitis his mother in jail, I teared up a little...Probably because I had a horrible conversation with my own Mother before she left for work. My stress levels can't really handle certain phrases strung together with certain tones of voice. Talking about my future as if it was nothing...I did nothing to provoke her...didn't stop her from making me feel hollow and inhuman. Subhuman. Inadequate. Worthless. I could go on, but I'm sure you all get the point by now.

So, I decided to read for five hours straight, leaving my room for nothing and getting off the bed only to let the cat out of my room. I felt most sorry for the main character's dog, though. Maybe it's empathy...maybe sympathy guilt...or some kind of twisted reality where its all my fault this kid's fictional life is screwed up. Yeah...I'm going to have one helluva time figuring out a thesis for this one.

Tip: Don't Listien To 'Untitled' By Simple Plan When You Feel Like Shit...It Does Nothing,
-Jereality

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fuck it Jer, your dreams are amazing and you're going to make something of yourself and nothing you ever do is worthless. don't let it get you down. Besides, when I find a sick beastie out in the jungle somewhere, I need a brave vet/zoologist to help me out! Love you.

Jereality said...

Aw, Onyx I loves you.