Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Spring Break: The Awakening

Today I didn't wake up until 9:25, and it was glorious! When I finally did wake up, I got a shower and then I heated up some of the meaty beef tip things that I didn't eat last night - I had those for breakfast, and a roll... and also a brownie. By that time it was eleven o'clock and Mother said we needed to get me sunglasses because we could be on a boat, and with the sudden bright and beautiful day, well, the sun would be quite loud in my eyes. So, we went to a place called Alvin's Island and I got a pair of sunglasses and Mother got her hat... And Sibling got a cup, and we all got Henna type things. Mother, Sibling and I got matching lizards on our arms, I'll show you a picture.

So, after we left we drove to Flipper 2, a place where we would be Dolphin Watching. When we got there, we all got free ice cream from a place called Flippers Seafood & Oysterbar and then we were all told to get on the boat. So, we got on the boat and went all the way to the front, which is called the bow. When Richard who was our Captain pulled out of the dock, we clambered up from the hull area and onto the top portion and pretended we were on Titanic... except for the sinking and the death and the "Don't let go, Jack!"

But it was amazing, the weather was beautiful, the sky was clear blue and the water bluish looking and amazing, totally amazing. I saw probably nine pods of dolphins or so, and took about 60 some pictures... because I brought the lesser of my two memory cards... not even a whole gig... So, we rode it out for two hours and it was an awesome time. Then we ate at the place we got the free ice cream at and I got steak. It was pretty good, not as good as Calypso Joe's, but still really good.

After that, we came back to the hotel and I took a nap. It was great. It was such a fantastic day. Tomorrow, we go to the zoo - I'm so excited! Here's some of what I saw today!









No comments: