Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring Break: The Downpour

My eyes opened today for the first time at approximately 6:30 in the morning to Sibling and Mother laughing and talking about nothing really in particular, and then I don't know ht really happened, I must've fallen back to sleep because again at 7:20-ish, I hear Mother almost trip over the sundries bag that is laying on the floor... Why they woke up so ungodly early was and is beyond me, but I've grown to accept that they are strange people.

Anyway, after they were loud, those two got breakfast and eventually roped Liz into going on a morning beach walk. I declined, and decided to sleep for an extra twenty to thirty minutes. I obviously needed it. I still nee more sleep, I'm very tired. I'm anticipating sleep this evening, very much. Anyway! After they all came back from their walk, I ate breakfast... a bagel and some cream cheese and I called the zoo I mentioned in the post below this one. They were closed for a little while today because of the rain. So, that's when we discovered the rain. Luckily, we had a whole bunch of brochures and looked at them and decided to go into Mobile, Alabama for the day.

So, we drove to Mobile and went to the Museum of Mobile where we learned about slavery in the town of Mobile and life 'way back when'. Also, we discovered that when Mother, Sibling, Liz and I are placed in a room all by ourselves with children's activities, we will indulge ourselves. For instance, there was an activity that required teamwork to make an archway and a keystone type of project... we did that, then, Sibling organized the fake fish while Mother and I organized the fake vegetable and fruit displays on the fake market street. Then, right before the group of young children came in, we wrote all over the already written on white boards things about how New Jersey is the best, and how 'we were here'.

Then we went upstairs where we saw a whole bunch of Mardi Gras things. I learned that different towns have different colors for their parades and such. Purple is for power, green is for pride and gold is for wealth, or something... Then we messed with some buttons that made some very loud noises, such as bombs... True story, I blew up an entire facility with the click of a red button, I'll show you on the pictures. It told us about an explosion in a munitions factory a couple days/weeks after a war ended. Then we found the reason we came to the museum: Pirates! There, we learned about piracy and different stories on pirates and different trade routes they terrorized, and I learned how to tie a Reef Knot and I found buried treasure that I had to throw back into the the little sand box... Good times. Then we moved into a room with five miniature houses, which were beautiful! They're on Sibling's camera, because her's takes better pictures like that - pictures through plastic... mine has a terrible glare. [ I plan on making the houses in The Sims, they're going to be awesome!]

During that, however, Liz got a phone call from Patti Hall, the director of the Alabama Gulf Coast Zoo and we are going to actually see her on Wednesday around eleven, I think... I think that's the plan that's going on. I'm so excited! Anyway, after the little houses, we moved the to gift shop and picked up a few things, for instance, where to go for food, since we were about to eat a person.

The kindly old woman directed us to Three Georges, where we can, in fact eat one of six real food options. I'm not knocking it, it was tasty. Not somewhere I'd recommend if you're hungry enough to eat someone though, and, as stated above - we were. No matter. After we ate, we drove through more rain, and decided to go to the Gulf Coast Exploreum Science Center. It's a hands on, play with science and stuff place. I thought it would be "oh, look, a sand box".

No, this place was awesome. We walked in, and bought tickets and stuff and then met this woman whose name might have been Jennifer, who was a splendid woman who once upon a time lived in Jersey. She gave us little credit card looking things that we used to go around the main floor of the place and do all kinds of fun activities with. We placed the card into the machine of our choice and did the activity, like stand on a platform and a tube thing squirted out fake blood into a bigger tube thing and it measured how much blood was in you depending on how much you weighed... or something, I didn't really read it, I just thought it was interesting that someone decided "Hey, let's manufacture something that looks like a bleeding garden house and say let's make it educational." And another thing we did was looks at pig lungs, and we also saw a cow's eye and I made a skeleton move via excise bike, and I listened to my pulse with a microphone stethoscope, and also my reflex thing is about 21 - 25 hundredths of a second!

Oh My GOSH! JEREALITY! YOU'RE A SPEED DEMON! I know that's what you're thinking, and yes, you're right. I am. Now, if you could please not interrupt, I'd be glad to continue on with my story.
After we - OH WAIT! I did surgery. I did some virtual knee surgery, my patient survived, naturally. Anyway, after we demolished that floor with our excellence, we decided to grace the floor of the second with our presence. And grace it we did! I'm glad we did, too - that floor was amazing! First, I wasn't impressed, because I saw microscopes. And I was like ".......[dramatic pause].......NO!" and then I sat down on a chair, then Liz sat down beside me, and I turned and looked at her and went "Dissecting microscope?" and then I left after some words were exchanged.
Mother and I then moved to this thing that was strange looking, and actually, I don't remember actually what happened in the three to seven minutes I wandered around aimlessly, lost in the abyss of my mind whilst the people around me did their science. No, really, though. I don't remember what happened, but suddenly I remember standing next to Liz and seeing Mother materializing into space on a small tv screen in front of me. It was pretty neat. We played around with the TV screen thing for a little bit before we went our separate ways, Liz and Sibling doing something with making fish while Mother and I went and took a picture of our heat reflections and went to go play with electricity.

After that we all played with magnets. And then we played with dinosaurs and scenes and stuff... I felt like HalfCyborg for a good twenty minutes, with all the stop motion, it was intense! I'm not going to put my masterpiece up here because it's a grand total of four seconds long with a six second introduction. And then all of a sudden a woman came around and said "we're about to close in ten minutes"

"....what? O_o"

I was having so much fun, and she had to come along and ruin it with her closing times. (-_-) Meanie. So then we left, and went back to the van and drove back to the hotel. Well, no... we drove in the direction we thought the hotel was in. See, when you go West to originally go to a location, you then can't go west to get back to the starting point, you need to go east. Didn't get the memo for this trip...

So, we're driving, and running out of gas and suddenly, we're where we've never been before. "Barbie's dreamhouse land", as Liz just called it. I have a picture, so you'll believe me. So, we turned around from there, and then drove some more, mostly looking for a gas station as we were on E. So, we drove for a few minutes when all of a sudden shouts of "WHOOOO!!!!!! NEW JERSEYY!!!!!!" A chorus, actually. Naturally, we're all shocked and we look to our left, there's a jeep looking car truck thing... I don't know, but it was filled to maximum capacity and then some with guys whooping and shouting and dancing about how we were from Jersey. Made my night. We left them, because they followed us for a while, we called them the Stalker boys, and then got some gas for the car...

THEN we went to the hotel. Then we decided we would go and get some food. However, the world decided against that. The world plotted against us and said "NO! NO YOU WILL NOT EAT THIS EVENING! EVERYONE SHALL EAT BUT YOU!" And I said "but, but World, please, we're but lowly travelers on the great expanse that is you..." and World replied in a deep billowy voice "NO! NO ONE IN YOUR VEHICLE SHALL EAT THIS EVENING FROM A RESTAURANT! IF YOU EAT TONIGHT YOU WILL SUFFER!" And I said nothing.

Four times we drove up and down the stretch of road. Twice across a bridge. Twice into a parking lot. Once we pulled into the final parking lot and looked at our destination, 'Brunos: Supermarket', we knew that our restaurant outing was destroyed. So, we walked in, grabbed two bowls of macaroni and cheese, one for me and one for Liz, Mother and Sibling grabbed a pulled pork thing to share and I also was given some sort of meat thing because I vowed to have steak every night this evening.

I inhaled the macaroni and cheese. I feel horrible. We also bought ice cream, pound cake and a cookie cake, which I have just eaten a piece of... I'm going to die much faster than expected. Also, I now have a midnight bed time. Which is closing in fast! Good thing I ended the day already, eh?
It rained. All. Day. Long.
Time for pictures!








No comments: