Friday, July 10, 2009

Greta :: 11/12/2001 - 7/10/2009

I thought I had it all out of my system.

I didn't think when Greta hopped in the van she didn't think she wouldn't be coming back with us.

That's what bothered me the most.
I don't want her to think that I betrayed her.

She won't hurt anymore... I know the benefits of her "life" now, what with euthanasia. She won't be in pain... and she was, she really was. She couldn't see, either. So, what she was doing here wasn't really living.

I thought, though, with what I had already written, I would've gotten everything out of my system. But as I sat in the room, looking all around the place...

The thing that bothered me the most was my dad.

The only other time I've seen him cry was at his Aunt Mary's funeral. And only that was for a few seconds... a few tears. These tears were different.

Father sat on the floor with Greta the whole time. She was his, really... I think of the four of us, he really did love her the most... He loves a lot... Now he hurts a lot.

I don't have a dog anymore.
I miss her.

No comments: