Friday, July 31, 2009

A Tip for Everyone Who Wants To Help the Birdies

A man came in with these today:





Aw, they're preciousssss... Yes, I know. However, what he should have done while mowing the lawn was left them alone. When you see a nest on the ground, leave it be - the mother can still see the babies, she will take care of them.





If you have already picked up the nest and put it in a container, do not bring it to a zoo or any type of other facility... We really can't do anything for the little babies... The mother can only care for them when they are that size... I'm sorry, but I've never lied to you guys before and I refuse to sugar coat these things if I haven't done it before...

If you're sensitive, take a long blink, and scroll down... until you see the smiley face... read AFTER the smiley face.... Alrighty my little soldiers - that picture above there is our kitchen...the baby birds are in a sandwich container... we work in a zoo full of predators... Now it's your turn to use your imagination.





Should you find a nest ON THE GROUND and you feel like it's in some sort of danger, grab a basket from your home, like this one:: :: and put the nest in there WITHOUT TOUCHING THE BABIES! DO NOT TOUCH THE BABIES! I know you may think they're adorable and ready for a good cuddle to your cheek, but I will tell you true - they are not. Simple as that. Just don't do it. They're animals... and their mother would not be pleased if you took her babies and squashed them to your fleshy mouth sack.

So, put the nest in the basket, and hang the basket in the tree. And then leave it all alone. Don't go back to check on them later, don't assume that you have some custody of the little birds because "well, they're living in my basket, in my tree, in my yard"... Don't do it.

That's about all I feel like saying on the matter...

Oh! To the couple who came in with bread today... I am well aware that you were feeding the chickens and the ducks and such... but please leave your bread in the car... There was half a loaf in the bag when I took it from you... I wound up throwing the bag away... That's procedure or something... so, to save you money and to save the world bread... if you could feed the ducks and the chickens and the peacocks or whatever comes out into the parking lot, and then toss the bread into your car before you come into the zoo... that'd be super....



I'm fired up for bed now!
It's going to be a good sleep!
^_6;;Jereality

No comments: