Sunday, June 03, 2007

Maximum Ride: Saving The World And Other Extreme Sports

Mighty fancy title, wouldn't you say? I would. And I did..funny old world, eh? Anyway, I picked up the book on...Thursday? I want to say Thursday...and it's sat on my table, and in my purse/bag and on my book/DVD case thing beside my bed until Friday, which would be the next day. What can I say, it travelled for a while before I cracked the spine. Anyway, it's about these kids who were aken and placed in a lab, genetically mutated-DNA enfused, as they say, with Avian...DNA...

That's one to many times I've said DNA in that line. Kind of made my head hurt. Regardless, there are six kids, twelve wings, and one amazing story that - thus far - spans three novels; those of course, reside comfortably above my head on a shelf attached to my wall. Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment, Maximum Ride: School's Out - Forever, and finally, Maximum Ride: Saving The World And Other Extreme Sports. They're pretty amazing. You should all go and read it. In fact, you should start with book one, which is The Angel Experiment, then come back and tell me how you thought it was. Just so I know if my advice, prodding, threatening - whichever I did, worked.

Now, onto me. I seem to be lacking enthusiasm for myself, actually. Unfortunate, that fact. Except, I've been really wanting to start writing my stories again. I've been having this half-dream, half unconcious dream, half wish-i-could-do-this-on-tv sort of thing. Add that to a half of three stories I'm writing and you've got one screwed up equation. Of course, I'm sure Dess, from Midnighter's could solve it with ease. That's what I wanted to talk about. Midnighters the book I had to finish before Maximum Ride...I remember now, it's all coming back to me...

-Breaks into song-

Ah yes, Celine Dion, and your hits...good stuff. So, I'm telling you all now to go out and buy two series' of books. One, by James Patterson, and the other by...um....hm...what's his name? Scott Westerfeld. Yeah. He wrote Midnighters, there are three books in that one, as it is a trilogy. Tri, as in three..logy, as in, buy them all. Put them together, you get 'buy all three ' them'. There you have it, a bit of me, a bit of my favorite mutant avian DNA kids, and a couple of kids who travel around in hour 25. Enjoy your nights, and sleep tight.

Unless, of course, you're like me, and have decided to put sleep behind you and destroy braincells on the computer. It's all good.

I vill now destroy dah Snickahs bahs,
-Jereality

No comments: