Friday, June 08, 2007

Rather Odd...



This was chillilng as an advertisement when I logged into AOL the other day, I thought it was interesting...Thought I'd share it with you all...It came with this nifty article, and this picture...


"Two-Toned Lobster Caught Off Rhode Island
ABC News
(June 2) - Fishermen are scratching their heads at a rare catch off Rhode Island.

Strange Animals
A half-brown, half-orange lobster is the talk of the town in Little Compton, R.I. The unique-looking crustacean was caught off the coast of Newport.

Lobster aficionados say the chances of catching a two-toned lobster is one in 50 million. By comparison, the odds of finding a blue lobster are about 1 in a million.

In fact, the lobsterman who caught it thought someone was fooling with him.

When a similar two-toned lobster was caught off the coast of Maine last year, Bette Spurling of the Mount Desert Oceanarium’s told the Associated Press that lobster shells are usually a blend of the three primary colors: red, yellow and blue. Those colors mix to form the greenish-brown color of most lobsters. The two-toned lobster caught off Rhode Island apparently had no blue in half its shell.

Bernard Arseneau, a former manager at the oceanarium's lobster hatchery, said lobsters also have a growth pattern in which the two sides develop independently of each other.

ABC News reported that the two-toned lobster was heading to an aquarium for all to see. This two-toned lobster was caught off Rhode Island in May. Lobster aficionados said the odds of netting one are one in 50 million.

And this was in a small portion labeled 'Other', so I checked it out...Poor Kitten...
In December 2005, a kitten named Cy, short for Cyclops, died a day after its birth in Redmond, Ore. A condition called holoprosencephaly caused the deformity.
"

In other news....

" Illinois Students Denied Diplomas Over Cheers
Tropical Depression Barry Hits Gulf Coast
Boy's 'Wild Pig' Claim Is Hogwash, Owners Say
Tuberculosis Patient Asks for Forgiveness
'Dr. Death' Jack Kevorkian Freed From Prison
"

That's about it...I'm listening to Cats, ANdrew Lloyd Webber's....yeah, he's a freakin' genius...He also did Phantom of the Opera...another favorite of mine...Ya'll should check 'em out..They're musicals though, so, if you don't like those...I don't have anything more to say about 'em to you....Enjoy the rest of your night!

5 comments:

Nudge.::.Twin said...

Ahh! That poor monkey!!! I feel so sorry for it!

Nudge.::.Twin said...

Whoops, I was thinking about monkeys so that's what I typed, I meant kitten!

Jereality said...

lol, monkeys are pretty awesome too. I read the first comment, and was like 'Monkey? I don't recall a monkey...'...and then I read the second one and was all 'Oh...I understand it now..'

Yeah, it's sad...poor kitten...Cy....

aka Red said...

ohhh poor kitten...kind of a creepy kitten...i can't say i wouldn't shield my eyes if i saw that kitten in real life...hmmm

i want a pet monkey...!!!i already have a kitten...hahaha

Ink said...

Ewwww... I really didn't need to see that...

XxInk