Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Alright....What?

It has come to my attention that the English language is slowly dying. Well, shall I rephrase that? I shall. It has come to my attention that the English Language is being murdered. Yes, murdered. English has turned to ebonics, and Internet Slang. Do you listen to people talk? I sit next to a person during 'feeding time' in prison, who, when she stands up to get something says 'BRB'. The actually letters. And if that doesn't stab you metaphorically in the heart, how about this. A conversation between me and sibling:
Me: Sorry about that.
Sibling: It don't matter.

Notice, Sibling said 'don't' instead of the appropriate 'doesn't' It has come to my attention that Sibling feels no sadness about useing 'don't' in Sibling's sentance becuase Sibling claims that 'I didn't make up the word.'

Is it also bad when your math teacher doesn't teach math, but small words in Ebonics? A sentance:
'Yo, I'm pushin' some wet. If you be takin', I be droppin'.'
Translation:Hi, I'm selling laced drugs. If you are buying, I will be seeling them to you.

I find this rather, annoying. I barely speak English. 'Real' English. I speak 'Half-ass-anese', and the ever so popular, 'Jerenese'. But I refuse to speak in Chat Speak, or most of the Ebonics. I speak some. Just a tad. Every so often you'll catch me in a 'English Murder' mood, and I'll go all out. Mos of the time, I'm just making other people laugh. Or just go and speak weird for the looks on the other people's faces.

I think I'll leave you with that, yo.
Peace out, my homies.
Laughs At You.

Quote Of The Day:
When Sin Is Deep In My Blood,
You'll Be The One To Fall
-Avenged Sevenfold, Unholy Confessions

No comments: