Sunday, January 01, 2006

MmMm....Barbeque....

This night I was asked what we were going to do for Dinner. Well, I shot Down Old Country Buffet like it was filled with the Plague. I hate that place, makes my skin crawl. Everything covered in a nice sheen of grease...Not my kind of meal. Anyway, whilst on this little brain excursion, Dad comes up with his own emphany, I come in after he thumps his hand on my wall(my own little, hey you, c'mere...ritual). I go in and say, "If this restaurant is three words, I've got three choice words too." He laughed at me, and then shook his head, I could tell with his quick scrunched face expression, he was wondering what my three words were. Mom thought it was 'No F*ckin' way', but she was wrong.Anyway, he suggests "How about 'Dave's Famous BBQ'?" I stare at him for a moment, never hearing of this place. So, Dave's was agreed upon, and we drove there. Guess how long it took to get there. Go on, guess. GUESS! No, it was 15 minutes. Yeah, that's it. Just 15 minutes to a 'Famous' barbeque 'joint'. ANyway, when we get in, I almost pull an Elf. They have a big sign, saying they have The World's BEst Barebeque. You know what I mean bypull an Elf? Walke up to the person behind the desk, and go, "Congratualtions! You did it! World's best Barbeque! Wow, congratulations!" BUt, I restrained myself in said instance, and kept the comment whirling around in my skull. Well, we get served by an excentric man named Thom-pronounced TOM-. Anyway, Mr. Excentric leaves us at the Rock Star table.(Our own name for it. It was hugemongus, and far away from everyone else. Becuase, I'm such a person lover. (-_-) That was sarcasm) Anyway, Mr. Excentric leaves, and makes room for another Excentric personality to serve us. Enter Michael. Well, Good ol' Mike advised us to check out the All American something or other. So, we did, seeing as it was our first time there. Oh my goodness gracious! Do yo remember the cake from New Years? Pah! That was like a brownie compared the the awesomeness of the meat! We got, with the All-American thing...Two racks of ribs...oh my god....They were like.....-Homer Simpson moment--drools- And corn, which I didn't eat, but I heard it was tasty. Some pulled beef something, that was killer. Chicken...the chicken you could probably cut it off the bone with a spoon. It tasted like it was roasted on the Spit under the ribs, and pulled beef stuff, becuase it tasted like heaven. UH, what else, oh yeah, the chicken. It was a whole small chicken. Like one of those little perdu birds you get becuase you're too lazy to rotisserrize your own chicken. It was that size cut into chunks.I mean really, the perfect dinner, complete with a side of Angioplasty. It was awesome. In fact, I had 4 ribs, two pieces of chicken, and a couple spoon fulls of that meat. Er..the pulled beef stuff.(It's ALL meat) Wow, it was an awesome dinner. And when it says 'Can feed 4' on that menu, expect to bring some home. We are a family of four, and we couldn't finish it. They had random sauces too. I only liked one, though. Not famous one, but one called 'Devil's Spit'. Oh wow, that stuff could burn the tongue off of a weak person. I ate that stuff as if it were air. OH look, chicken -squirt the sauce on- Oh, lok, there is still meat on that bone -squirt-. Hm...finger......squirt- NO, I'm kidding. But really, the chicken, and the rib thing, all the way. But yes, 'Dave's Famous Barbeque' a must visit for any barbeque loving family. with the World's Best Ribs. Props Dave, props.

1 comment:

Onyx said...

oh don't lie...i saw your finger today, and there's a chunk missing from it.