Sunday, January 22, 2006

My Day And....The Skeleton Key

Well, I think you all should know that my friend Skeddles has decided to join us here in the World Of Blogspot.com. I congratualte her, as should you. I will post a link to get to her site after this post.
Today, I woke up rather out-of-it, and looked at my clock, wondering why I was awake so early on a Sunday. I didn't have to go to church today, becuase Father wanted to go on a trip. We did. We went somewhere, to some Hotel-like business place, and I was greeted with a Cat Show. It was pretty cool, Cats everywhere. If you weren't already sure, or didn't know me, I have a liking for cats. The play, the movie, the animal in general. I think they are beautiful, and my cat brings me happiness everytime she walks into the room. As did Jake, RIP. Well, we went through the whole thing, and it was rather entertaining, becuase these people enter their cats into these competitions, and the cats look just as pleased to be there as a student in summer school. Most of them were asleep, or looking bored. Other, such as the persions, looked out at the people, their squashed faces hidden under pounds of cotton ball-like fur.
After the show, I sat in the back of the van, and just stared ot the window...thinking. I thought about lots of things. I don't remember alot of it, actually, but I do remember thinking about my apathy post I did the other day. I remember frowning at myself for being so open with people I know I'll never meet, or letting myselfopen up to the two people I talk to all the time. Then I began to look at the people in the cars around me, their mostly happy faces staring at the front of the road, then swivling to the person in the back seat, or passenger side, and laughing. I remember wishing I could hear Father, Sibling, Mother, and Father's friend talking. But, being in the back, I could not. I blew the thought and wish off so suddenly I lost focus on the winodw in front of me.
Then I finished out the rest of my day with breakfast for dinner, and a movie with Father. That movie, was The Skeleton Key. It was pretty good actually. It wasn't 'scary' persay, it was suspencful. Too the point that I didn't even want to get up to get a drink. I practically glued myself to the couch, and watched the movie straight through, with no interuptions, with Father. It was fun, our bonding..Movies, Music, and just talking. It's what we do, Father and I. That crazy man makes me smile. And that was my day.


Quote Of The Day:
And My Friend
We Have All Come
To Fear
The Beating
Of Your Drum

1 comment:

Onyx said...

I told you that movie was amazing.
I love that song! but the Perfect Circle version...there's probably another one, since they tend do to covers on CDs. amazing stuff.