Sunday, January 08, 2006

Cousins

Alright, we've all got some person in our lives that make us annoyed. Sometimes it's friends. Usually, it's family. Take cousins, for example. If you have a young cousin come over, and the mood you have is 'joke-worthy', and say 'If you break this, I'll have to hate you forever.' Being completely serious free, and have said cousin say 'Like you don't already...'. That was what my whole day was full of. Granted, seeing my counsins was fun, and a bit of a treat. But when the parents leave, and I am left with a sister of 14, a cousin of 10, and another of 8? I do not really enjoy said visit. Some say the behavior of the above conversation is 'emo', which I have learned means 'emotional'. I do not think that is what they mean in the context of said words, but that is fine. I had to make them food, becuase they whined. Something about being hungry, and some other things. So, they ate, and we received a phone call, 'We're going to Dave's Famous Barbeque for dinner. Get dressed, throw on a pair of jeans, and a shirt with no words. We'll be home soon.' They were not. They were home twenty to thirty minutes later, not 'right home', which was expected. So, the four of us sat in the living room, and were relativly silent. Except for the constant bickering between my two sibling cousins. So, it was not quiet, my head was pounding, and I didn't get paid of said 'baby sitting excursion'.
So, we left for Dave's, and sat at a double table for a few moments. I listened to my aunt, and great aunt gripe about something stupid, and immature for their ages. I ignored them, and he my leg kicked insesantly by young cousin who was placed across from me. That was not fun. I soon left that double table, and was relocated at a single table with Sister, and cousins A and B. We had an uneventful dinner, in which Sister was denied her meal for a good ten minutes. That was rather annoying, the dinner waiting, and listening to Cousin Short blab about herself being hated, and me being rude, and mean. And suddenly become uncool, and then become cool within the next three seconds. Our conversations, well, the conversations that flew by Sister and I, were listened to with dead, and bored ears. Sister and I listened to the conversations, and commented on some things, a bit of acidity on our words at times. Cousin Short was rather obnoxious, and gave me the feeling of hitting her....with a fork. Cousin A Little Taller Than Short was fine, gave me and Sister the same looks we were giving each other of Cousin Short's words. Which, all in itself, made me smile a little bit.
The day ended at Dave's, and we gave hugs with a happiness, and quietude in our hearts. Thrilled to the max that Cousin Short was leaving, but Cousin A Little Taller Than Short had to leave with her sibling. That was regretable, but it had to happen. I talked to Cousin A Little Taller Than Short online a few moments before I started this post. The conversation was, once again, more uneventful blabber...between both parties. She left me all alone for a while, and then Onyx came on, and proved to myself, once again, that I am truely insane, and bizarre. Which made me smile.

Quote Of The Day:
Sister: The Dingo Ate Your Baby.
Cousin Short: What?
Sister(a bit slower): The..Dingo..Ate..Your..Baby.
Cousin Short: The Bimbo Ate My Baby?
Me(almost immidiently):Yes. The Bimbo Ate Your Baby.

No comments: