Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Snip, Snip....And Gargoyles....

I got my hairs cut yesturday. And I say 'hairs' becuase I cut all of them, not just one. Six inches off of my head....It's very interesting to have shoulder length hair. And it bothers me becuase I've got that 'newly-cut-tip' thing on the bottom of each strand that periodically stab the back of my neck, and make me itch. But hey, it looks alot better in my hair than it did when it was long, I tell you what.

Nothing too interesting happened today, went to Prison, came home, finished watching a movie..Took a nap...

Oh my gosh! Have any of you actually heard of Gargoyles?? It's an awesome movie! Disney, and Beauna Vista...It's called 'Gargoyles-The Movie:The Heroes Awaken.
Here's what it's about....

Scotland, 994A.D. The inhabitants of a medieval caslte are protected from ruthless invaders by a mysterious race of powerful, and noble creatures. Stone by day, alive by nigh...they are the Gargoyles, led by the mighty Goliath and the beautiful Demona. However, the uneasy alliance between the humans and the Gargoyles is soon betrayed-and the Gargoyles are put under a spell for 1,000 years. But by whom?
Manhatten, 1994. One by one, a small clan of surviving Gargoyles finally awakens-only to find their castle resting atop a New York skyscraper owned by the wealthy industrialist, David Xanatos. Xanatos wants to recover valuables stolen by commandos. But after 1,000 years can humans be trusted?
This thrilling edge-of-your-seat adventue is packed with..blah blah blah,,,,,


I got the movie when I was four years old, in '94, in the Shop Rite by my Aunt's house...I'll give you pictures of the Gargoyles....Becuase they're so awesome!

This is Goliath, he's the leader and only action figure I have in the room with me.The others are in the attic in a box....Upsetting, I know, but you'll get over it, I'm sure. Goliath is a big, strong, brave gargoyle with a temper also....-sigh-


This is Broadway...He's the largest of the Gargoyles, and there becuase he's cool......Broadway is a young, friendly gargoyle who likes to eat, amd enjoys detective movies. He pretends sometimes to be braver than he is, and has a secret romantic side.


Beware! Bronx! The attack 'dog' gargoyle! He can't glide like the other guys, but he can climb up walls like they can......


This is Lexington, my second favorite Gargoyle, next to Goliath.... Lexington is the youngest of the gargoyles, and the only one with web-like wings. He's immature, curious, and good at mechanical and electronic things.


This would be Brooklyn..He named Bronx, the 'watch dog'.... Brooklyn is a young, cynical gargoyle who gets to say a lot of the best wisecracks in the show. He argues with his rookery brothers Lexington and Broadway.


Hudson is the oldest of the clan, and its former leader. He's a wise, experienced gargoyle who lost sight in one eye long ago, but seems to have compensated well enough (or at least he doesn't crash into buildings when he flies, and he can fight well enough even with it). Because he's so old, Hudson would rather stay behind and watch television than go out on patrol, but when needed he will venture out with the gargyles' "guard dog" Bronx and help in a fight....And what's funny about him, is that even though all the Gargoyles are from Scotland, he's the only one with an accent.......



And this is Demona...The filthy garogyle that broke Goliath's heart...Made him cry in the movie...A tear...But it counts.....It made me sad too, becuase he's so awesome.....I don't like her much....And what's different about her is that she doesn't turn to stone when the sun rises, she becomes-get this- a human! Shyeah, I'm not as shocked as you are, becuase I used to find Gargoyles on TV and watch it.....

Yup, that's them, my childhood guardians...Had a bad dream, I'd make Goliath appear in my mind's eye, and protect me from any 'creepy crawly' that might be snooping around in my room....

1 comment:

vgmaster831 said...

Don't forget that Lexington is the only known gay gargoyle.